Selection and admission of students into the University is through the LUANAR’s University Council and the process is free from political interests. The key measure undertaken to ensure that academic governance remains free from political or ‘special interest’ influence, LUANAR has put in place statutes and conditions of service that govern all appointments. The statutes are legally binding and are enforced at all times.
Award of scholarships
AquaFish ACE then awards either full or partial scholarships to those who have been already given admission letters, based on merit and at the same time ensuring gender representation.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTSAcademic requirements
Candidates for Masters Programs must have a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field from a recognized training institution with a credit pass/GPA of at least 3.00 or equivalent. Candidates with a mere pass/GPA of not less than 2.60 or equivalent but with vast relevant work experience may also be considered. All programs are for a period of 2 years. Those applying for PhD program must have a relevant Master’s degree from a recognized training institution. The PhD programs are for a period of 3 - 4 years.
All applications must include:
- Duly completed application form PGDMP-2016/2017 which can be obtained from the LUANAR website or download the application form here
- Copies of all relevant certificates and academic transcripts which are being used for the application. These must be duly certified by a Commissioner of Oaths as true copies of the originals.
- Reference letters from persons who are best qualified to evaluate the applicant’s academic and/ or professional ability to succeed in graduate study
- Masters applicants should submit two academic references. Candidates with relevant work experience can alternatively submit one academic reference and one professional reference
PhD applicants should submit two academic references and one professional reference.
- 1-page research interest concept note – for PhD applicants only.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) with names and contact details of three traceable referees
- Source of funding i.e. official scholarship award/sponsorship letter.
- Proof payment of an appropriate application fee bearing the name of the applicant and the amount of application fee paid.
- Proof of English Language proficiency for international applicants whose first language is not English.
- Full fee structure can be accessed through the University Registrar’s office
Send your applications to: The University Registrar Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources Bunda Campus P. O. Box 219 Lilongwe MALAWI